This recipe is contributed by Bevin, author of the blog Who Needs a Cape?
I love banana bread and thought I would try a twist on a simple vegan recipe my kids love. Instead of using a normal-sized muffin pan, I used my pan that makes rose-shaped cakes.
Vegan Banana Berry Muffins
Makes 16 Muffins
4 ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup Earth Balance vegan butter substitute, melted
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup organic sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup preserves of your choice (I used a four berry preserve)
confectioners’ sugar and cinnamon to sprinkle on before serving
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Grease your muffin pan.
- Mash bananas.
- Add melted butter and mix.
- Add applesauce, vanilla, sugar, salt and mix until combined.
- Add flour and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Add one teaspoon of batter then add 1/2 teaspoon of preserves then fill each muffin pan cup 3/4 full with batter.
- Stir each individual muffin pan cup with a wooden toothpick to swirl the preserves
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confections’ sugar and then cinnamon just before serving
Adapted from Mara’s Easy Vegan Banana Bread