If you’re looking for a thoughtful, easy gift to give this holiday season, why not make an awesome homemade brownie mix? They’re attractive, easily customized presents that you actually can make in under 5 minutes – and they’re super tasty too. Here’s how you can put together your own awesome brownie mix in a cinch.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup vanilla baking chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Mix the flour with salt. In a clean 1-quart or 1-liter jar, layer the ingredients. You can add the ingredients in different amounts to create a more colorful, striped appearance.
- Attach a decorative tag to the out side of the jar with the following directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9×9 inch baking pan.
2. Pour the contents of the jar into a large bowl, and mix well.
3. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2/3 cup vegetable oil, and 3 eggs and beat until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Photo Credits: Good to Know Recipes